A Challenge You Faced and How You Overcame It

I today’s post “A Challenge You Faced and How You Overcame It” is about exploring your comfort zone. As an example, I’ll be talking about bed sores. 

For the Love of Bedding

There really is nothing like slipping into a soft, comfortable bed at night. For many, it’s difficult to escape the mattress in the morning. By staying I in bed longer, you will prolong your short term comfort. 

Let’s say that you commit to a week in bed. No leaving. You use bed pans and have a butler bring you food and water. You will accumulate bed sores. 

Why is this relevant?

Too Many People Haven’t Left Their Beds

You’re too comfortable. Your body looks the same as it did last year because you haven’t hit the gym. You still drive the same car because you can’t stand the more frugal life style that comes with investing. 

People place so much emphasis on short term comfort that they forget about the discomfort that they feel today and what they can do about it for tomorrow. 

Are you embracing excellence?

Your Training Starts

I challenge you to feel uncomfortable. The gym is an excellent place to start as the opportunities are limitless. For many, simply visiting the local gym is daunting enough. For more experienced gym goers, add another set to an exercise or run a little faster on the treadmill. 

I’m my personal experience, the work you do in the gym has a massive effect on business and life. 

Heart Beat

The best indication of how far you’re pushing your limits is the experience of physical symptoms. These include a higher heart rate, heavier breathing and restlessness. 

You may feel doubt but if what you want to do is statistically sound, go for it anyway! If what you want to do will only end up with you remaining exactly where you are today, what have you got to lose. 

Comments

Popular Posts